What is Web Development?
Your company’s website is your shop window to the world. Consumers of your company’s products and services are more internet savvy than ever before. Your customers and prospects now carry out almost 100% of their research ONLINE. If you get your web design wrong in terms of its look, feel and functionality you will drive prospects and customers away. It’s that simple.
Why would anyone take the risk of investing in a cheap website or free web design software?
The cost savings sound great on the face of it – especially in a harsh economic environment, but we’ve given fifteen reasons to use a professional web design company rather than buy cheap or free web software (or use your brother in law).
Professional web design companies….
- Professional web design companies are there for support at all times - many web based design packages don't come with any support - you can pay your money and simply get stuck.
- A professional web design company can make your site responsive so that it automatically adjusts itself to fit to any size screen it's being viewed on, whether that's a mobile, iPhone, tablet, iPad or PC monitor - in 2014 more visitors will use mobile devices than PC's to access the internet.
- Web design companies are backed up by a full online marketing department that can drive traffic and enquiries your way – so that the launch of a website is the start of a business relationship - not the end.
- Everything you need in one place. They are a one-stop-shop offering hosting, email set up & hosting, email letterhead and newsletters.
- Professionals make websites fully compliant with all legal accessibility requirements.
- People who design websites every day build websites with modern, clean coding so you are future-proofed rather than being stuck with out dated technology.
- Web design companies have copywriters on hand to help you.
- Developers make sites “search engine friendly” and written in a way that they hit the ground running on Google.
- They create and brand “search engine friendly” social media accounts for your business and integrate these into your website design.
- They can give you a content management system so that you can make your own changes in real time without having any web developments skills.
- A professional organisation will train you and key staff members on how to use social media and content management systems.
- They integrate Google Maps into your contact us page so that your visitors can type in their postcode and get full driving directions online.
- A team of pros will give websites strong calls to action such as "request a brochure" and "arrange a callback" to drive traffic and enquiries.
- They offer robust hosting which means minimal down time - if your website is down you lose business - fact.
- They will fully back up your website on a daily basis so in the event of a disaster your site can be up and running again quickly and smoothly
This article was posted by Matt Harris of DBS Internet Marketing. We’d love to hear from you with feedback and to find out whether you agree or disagree with us – just use the comment box below. If you have found the article useful then please feel free to share it with others using the social media buttons below. If you have any questions then please contact DBS Internet Marketing on 0800 988 8366 or 01522 811688.